2011년 1월 24일 월요일

Essay-Ivaneti in San Paulo

 Have you ever thought seriously about other person living in other country? Well, I'm going to write similarities and differences about the woman name Ivaneti who live in San Paulo, Brazil. I have gained about many informations about her from the website called HIGHRISE. I think I have several similarities and differences at the same time. Isn't it interesting that we are same and similar at same time even though we live in other places. Since I think many people is interested, I will compare and contrast me and Ivaneti's surroundings and environment.

 First of all, I want to talk about Ivaneti and me. She lives in a highrise in San Paluo, Brazil. She was thrown out along with 97 other families.When she was young, she used to cut crops, she worked on sugar cane, peanut, cotton, and orange farms, and she once had time that without home. In those time, she had many hardships, however, she soon realized that it is not only 'my' problem but 'our' problem and she started to cooperate with people. Also, she say that she is influenced by her mother a lot. She's working as co-ordinator at downtown homless movement.
 I'm 13-years-old(in Korean age) girl who live in Seoul, Korea. I have 4 family members, father, mother, elder brother and me.

 Secondly, I want to tell about the environment at San Paulo, Brazil and Seoul, Korea. In this place, there are many squats and unused buildings. Since the squats had not good environment, only the people who without other alternatives came and lived. In those squats they didn't had elevator and the people had to walk up about 22 floors. Also, many unfortunate accidents has happened, too.
 Seoul is capital of Korea and it is big metropolis. We have many highrises and tall buildings which are used for living, working, and enjoying culture. However, still some parts aren't developed and many construction companies are trying to build buildings at there.

 Finally, I will compare and contrast her life and my life. Before contrasting and saying differences between two of us, I will compare similarities. I think I am influenced from my mother a lot like her. Also, I thought even though San Paulo is recognized as one of the big city in Brazil, there are still many undeveloped places as well as Seoul, Korea. However, in Seoul, I think high buildings without elevators do not exist. Moreover, while she has job like co-ordinator, I'm student. Also, she consider and cooperate with other people a lot that she forgave the opportunity of having her own house. I think I wouldn't lost my chance to have my own residence.

 To sum up, I thought me and ivaneti have both similarities and differences and I learned that cooperating with each other will help a lot from her and her neighbours. In my point of view, I thought it was very good experience to think carefully about me and who live almost the opposite side of where I live.

댓글 1개: